Notes from Puzzle Palace

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Open Window

Todays puzzle was designed by Tom Jolly and exchanged and made by Tim Urdall. I looked at this one a couple of times and passed it up because I thought it would be too hard. It looked quite similar to a puzzle I just purchased from Eric Fuller and we all know how that one worked out for me.

Yesterday I decided I needed to go get some new puzzles to put in my bag. This one caught my eye so out of the suitcase it came and into my bag it went. Yes, the IPP puzzles are still in the suitcases but this time it's for a better reason than just me being lazy. I've friends coming over in the next month and as long as they are still in the suitcase it's easy for me to bring them along.

Back to the open window. I took it out this morning for a bit and fiddled but got nowhere as is my usual case. I went round and round with nothing happening. And then this afternoon when I finished my self criticism I pulled it out again and went in that same round about twice. Then I actually thought about the puzzle I slid the pieces round a bit more and then I looked at the bits to see what was going on. Ah ha! Got it. OPEN THE WINDOW! Just like at the old farm house. Great puzzle!

The puzzle is simply a frame with four squares inside. One is just a place holder. The other three have grooves along the side and bits added in. Take it apart and then put it back together again. That's all there is to it.

I think there might be one over on puzzlers paradise. Of so, I'd snag it up if I were you. It's a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment