Notes from Puzzle Palace

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well that was fun

Much like the puzzle exchange, interviewing is very tiring. My throat is so sore now but as always it was good fun.

We started around ten and carried on through till Michael escaped around two and I went out a few minutes later. Michael talked quite a bit to the reporters he was in seventh heaven and you could see it based on his smile. He could often be seen breaking open a puzzle to show his work is just as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside. The two papers that we talked to today seemed very interested in his craftsmanship. I didn't listen to his interviews as I was busy giving my own.

I got a kick out of the hired model. She was there to drum up business for the competition in October. Short shorts a tight t-shirt and big eyes. Nice little thing. A typical HK thing in these past years. Kind of reminiscent of page three in the UK.

As for my turn, the questions were fairly standard and I'm sure I'll be asked them again.
When did you start playing with puzzles?
Why did you start playing with puzzles?
How many puzzles have you got?
What is your favorite/oldest/most complex/most expensive puzzle?
Will you ever stop collecting puzzles?
Why do you collect puzzles and not something else?

I foresee a long afternoon of it today and Sunday as well. I'll leave you with a few of my favorite shots of the day


No comments:

Post a Comment