Saturday, January 5, 2013

On the 11th day of Christmas


On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
11 Oskar Van Ds
10 Chinnimoto's
9 Robert Stegmann's
8 Jerry Slocum's
7 Eric Fuller's
6 Tony Fisher's
5 Richard Hess'
4 Mr. Fok's
3 Da Yan's
2 Brian Young's
And Stickman in a pine tree.


Oskar has got to be one of the most prolific puzzle makers I have ever met.  I think he's made more puzzles than most companies.  Looking at his website is great fun if you want to see a few of the designs he's made over the years.  It is in no way comprehensive but it's a good start.

What I find to be amazing about Oskar is that he can design in anything.  And I do mean anything.  He has a number of the Hanayama puzzles that he's designed, he's done puzzles in wood, and he works quite a lot in plastic.  He's made twisty puzzles, burrs, take-apart's, calendars, and toys!  The guy is a walking puzzle!  He's made so many that I wouldn't even begin to try and list them.  I'm sure I'd never be able to do it.  I'll bet money you have at least one design by Oskar in your collection.


5 comments:

  1. Oskar attended IPP #8 at age 19 and has now attended 22 IPPs! He is a brilliant mathematician and also a nice guy. How are you going to top Oskar? [I'm just kidding about the age 19 figure, I have no idea how old he was back then.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a wing and a prayer George! Oskar's something that's fore sure. I've never met another like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oskar can not be topped.

    ReplyDelete