Notes from Puzzle Palace

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

On the 8th day of Christmas


On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
8 Jerry Slocum's
7 Eric Fuller's
6 Tony Fisher's
5 Richard Hess'
4 Mr. Fok's
3 Da Yans
2 Brian Young's
And Stickman in a pine tree.

For those few folks who have been living under a rock and don't know, Jerry is the founder of IPP.  I won't insult anyone by giving a background story that is probably best NOT told by me.  What I'll do instead is introduce him as I know him.

I first met Jerry in person at IPP 30 in Japan.  He was so nice in making sure that I had lots of fun and that I was meeting people.  He was kind enough to do the same for my husband and was a real doll to bug who at that time was still a royal pain.  Every year since then, I have delivered puzzles to IPP for Jerry from Uwe and I'm sure I will continue to do so as long as I'm still invited.

Jerry very kindly donated his puzzles to the Lily library in Bloomington Indiana.  if you are ever in the neighborhood  do drop in and take a look around.  It is really a puzzlers dream and the staff at the library are pretty amazing!  If you can't make it out there, it is mostly online now and you can just go and drool over the photos that are up.  I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment