Notes from Puzzle Palace

Friday, October 11, 2019

Long overdue post

Is anyone still reading this blog anymore?

I have not been an active blogger for the past 3 years.  It's not for lack of puzzle parties, or puzzle purchases, but rather because I was ending one life and starting another.  I have finally quit Hong Kong after 25 years, left my old life behind and started a new one in Florida.  It was my intention to begin blogging again at my last post, but circumstances dictated otherwise.  I am now fully retired, divorced from a life of misery, living in a wonderful area, and married to the most amazing man I have ever known.

Take this as notice that I shall be posting again about our adventures in puzzling.  Both in our travels and new puzzle purchases, and also in our house.  You see, when George Miller and I married, we combined our collections and fulfilled a life long dream that we each had.  We have built for ourselves a small puzzle house.  One in which you can look at, touch, and play with all puzzles.  It's a real treat for both of us to have this.

We are now in the Netherlands for Dutch Cube Day and will be heading from here to Spain to visit other puzzlers, do some puzzle shopping and visit a museum dedicated to puzzles.  In the coming months I will write about this month of travel and about the home we have created for ourselves.  Expect a bit of gushing about how wonderful my beautiful lover is (because it's true).  Expect non-solving videos of puzzles I fancy.  Expect reports on our visits with other puzzlers.  This time around, I will not be going it alone.  I have a fellow puzzler along for the ride. Expect his contributions to be much more sensible and technical than mine.  He may even solve a puzzle or two as we go along.

On Sunday we will be giving a short talk on our home and an update on 2D and 3D printers.  After it is over, I will post them here for your viewing (dis)pleasure.  As a preview, I give you a few photos of what we have done in our home.





2 comments:

  1. Nice house and nice collection of puzzles. You must be super wealthy to afford all of these things!! I'am super jelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!its 2 am and i cant stop reading and watching your youtube videos. What an amazing collection you guys have.
    Definitely will read more and get to know more of this world. My collection is probably only 100. long way to go.

    ReplyDelete