Notes from Puzzle Palace

Thursday, February 3, 2022

4D Master puzzles

I sit here on a sea day enjoying the cool breeze on the veranda.  The seas are calm and the sound of the waves are louder than that of the boat. The water and the sky are such beautiful shades of blue.  It’s truly a wonderful way to spend the time.  

I spent the morning setting up scuba diving trips for the next week.  We will be taking 10 dives as of now. I’m trying to convince George to do a few more, but he says it will be too much for us.  I’ll bow to his experience and leave it alone.  After we leave Bora Bora we will be having 9 days at sea before landing once again in Los Angeles.  My plan for that time is to assemble the 4D puzzles that I have purchased in Hawaii.  I’ll probably wish I had bought more.  I’m sure we will play a few games of cards in there somewhere as well.  


By now you realize that I set this to post during some down time last week.  We are now on a sea day and headed towards Los Angeles yet again.  And thus begins our "Around the Western World" trip.


So on to the puzzles.  I put together a polar bear, a gorilla and a space shuttle.  My opinions on the puzzles differ greatly.  I rather enjoyed the polar bear.  I had to chuckle at the box.  There is a side that tells you how good you are based on the number of minutes it took to put the puzzle together.  Mine took around 11 minutes.  I guess I’m not quite an expert.  


The gorilla was solved much the same.  They are really very simple puzzles to put together, but every now and again there will be a twist.  Today’s twist was placing the pieces for the chest between the front legs.  Not terribly hard, but I needed to use the manipulative ability of the plastic to get the pieces in place.


The space shuttle is not a rubberized plastic, but rather a brittle type.  I did not like this puzzle.  I put it together, took the photo and then partially dismantled it and placed it back in the box to bring home.  This one I wouldn’t recommend.  I also have a titanic of the same material.  It will most likely wait until we return home.  Unless of course I get terribly bored.



Until next week, Happy Puzzling.

No comments:

Post a Comment