Notes from Puzzle Palace

Friday, April 1, 2022

My new microwave

I am so tired of telling the waiters/waitresses to give me a small portion.  I simply hate throwing away food. I've come up with a solution. At home I often give my lover steak sandwiches for lunch so I decided why not do it here. 

Whenever I order a steak I ask for a VERY small one. I think the smallest size must be 8 ounces in the Grand dining room so I have been throwing a lot of it away. This is very upsetting for me and I came up with the very clever plan to make the left overs into sandwiches.  I bought a microwave!  It's just a tiny little thing, but it heats the meat just fine and I go upstairs and get bread, mayo, cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce so I can make him his favorite for lunch now.  Amazon is Amazing. I had it sent to the house and picked it up when we arrived in Miami.  I am one happy camper now.  No more food waste! The staff is so good about covering the plates in saran wrap and the fridge has enough room for the plate.  It's a win win.  

Don't worry, it's safe if I only use it when I'm in the room. The rest of the time I unplug it.  I don't care about the clock having the correct time. When we disembark, I'll just leave it on the ship for anyone to take.  We have one in each of our houses and our daughter has one down on campus so we don't need another.  Perhaps one of the crew can use it. This was such a good purchase, I wish I'd have bought one earlier.  Westinghouse is a good brand so I know it won't overheat.  

No Puzzles to report on. :( Until next time, Happy Puzzling and smooth Sailing.  Oh, and here's to great lunches!


Edit on April 3: April Fools! This entire post is satire in celebration of one of our favorite days on the Internet. Enjoy!  It seems some people are unaware of the concept of the April fools joke. 

2 comments: