Notes from Puzzle Palace

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Another week, more progress

 Or not.  We have purchased most of the mirrors for the crystal puzzle room.  I also finally ordered the glass for the shelves.  Perhaps they will show up in a month if we are lucky.  

It's really been a slow week.  Hurry up and wait.  It's like being in the military. We are still waiting for our household goods to arrive, but while we do that we are not sitting on our haunches.  We are filling out the castle. We have decided to not install shelves, but rather buy more of the cabinets to hold the puzzles.  

I found a place to get a new table for the castle kitchen.  I chose a workshop bench complete with a built in wooden vice.  After hunting for a long time, I found one 4 hours north of us and George and I headed out to purchase it.  We brought it home and discovered it's the 8th shade of brown in the kitchen.  Later we started talking about Pinocchio and discovered that this is the same type of workbench shown in the Disney cartoon.  I now have my Pinocchio bench.  

I am writing this from a hotel room in Geneva, Switzerland.  We are on our way to MPP.  I'm driving so we can purchase puzzles along the way.  

On a much more interesting note, we were recently interviewed by David Peterkofsky for his podcast For Keeps.  You can listen to it here: https://forkeepspodcast.com/95-puzzles-in-a-castle-with-roxanne-and-george-miller.  It is a very nice peak into what we do.  I hope you enjoy the listen.  

1 comment: