Notes from Puzzle Palace

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Roc-key

Following on from my magpie self, I've decided I may as well just give in to it.  So I went on an eBay hunt for brass puzzles.  Locks a plenty, but those don't really do it for me (yet).  So I'm off looking using a different search term and came up with the puzzle shown here.  


This puzzle was first invented by Rocky Chiaro. The original design can be found on his webpage. http://brasspuzzlesbyrocky.com/destinations.htm

This version was sold by Bits and Pieces a while back. I missed it in the original run but when I saw it on eBay I recognized it for what it was and snapped it up. A lucky purchase at a halfway decent price.

I won't post a solved photo of it as it gives away the solution. Overall, it's an easy puzzle to solve. I've given it to friends who are puzzlers and non-puzzlers alike and both were able to solve it within a few minutes, it's a fun little time waster that won't let you down. I'd highly recommend one if you can find it. Money well spent.

2 comments:

  1. I really really want the whole set of Rocky's bolts and keys!! But OMG the cost. Struggling to control my inner Magpie!

    Kevin x
    Puzzlemad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give in to the Magpie! The bolts won't let you down.

    ReplyDelete