Notes from Puzzle Palace

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Merry Christmas!

I have been remiss in posting.  It was a glorious green Christmas this year.  Both of my daughters were here and my grandchildren as well.  It was a busy couple of weeks at Puzzle Palace.  Because of this activity, I thought I'd post a bit about Christmas puzzles.

I love Christmas.  The lights, the tree, the decorating, baking cookies, and hosting parties.  George on the other hand is a curmudgeon and hates Christmas. The whole Christmas season.  Now please don't ask why.  No one quite knows the reason. It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.  It could be perhaps that his shoes were too tight.  But one thing I know is that it is NOT that his heart is two sizes too small.  No decorating, no tree, no Christmas celebrations allowed says my Grinch George.

But then, we came to a compromise.  I get a small family Christmas and an even smaller tree.  One that is no more than 3 feet tall.  Where can one find a three foot tall Christmas tree?  And better still, where would one put it in this house?  Our main room has a 20' ceiling, our main living room has low ceilings but with the furniture there is no room to place a tree.  But as with all other puzzles, we found a solution. We have a rather large table in the middle of the room that stands about 2 feet high. I decided this would be the perfect place for a tree.  But where to find that tree?  Easy! I'd make one. I'm not a very creative person (although I do have grand ideas) so I enlisted my lovers aid in the design.  We came up with a rather wonky tree that was just perfect.  I subsequently looked at our collection and even found items that were purchased years earlier that hadn't been put together.


All of our Christmas decorations this year were puzzle related.  I even managed to find George a puzzle Advent calendar.  At some point I decided I needed a snowman and since snowmen are not to be found in Florida, I made some instead.  Each one is still fully functional as a puzzle.

Since I know I will be up late doing something I shouldn't, I'd like to wish all of you a very Happy New Year from George and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment