Notes from Puzzle Palace

Sunday, August 30, 2020

It's a bit Rocky


In case you haven't noticed yet, this blog has shifted in focus from discussing boys and toys to showcasing the collection of puzzles here at Puzzle Palace. Today's post is no different.  This time I give you our small collection of Rocky Chiaro puzzles.  


We don't have all of his puzzles, but do have quite a few. 

I obtained my first Rocky puzzle at IPP32 in Washington D.C.  He was there selling a few bolts and I bought 4 of them.  When I returned to HK, I gave 2 away!  Had I only known then what I know now.  

These puzzles are milled out of brass and have a great heft to them.  They are ones that I'm not too afraid to hand to non-puzzlers.  They can't hurt the puzzle, and there are relatively few pieces.  The bolts are good head scratchers.  

I decided to add to our collection recently and contacted Rocky to pick up the missing pieces.  Sadly, he doesn't have stock of all his puzzles or I would have purchased them I'm sure.  I have this thing for completeness.  

There have been a few of his puzzles up for sale recently on various auction sites and this renewed my  interest in them.  I mistakingly purchased one puzzle that was listed as genuine, but turned out to be the B&P version of it.  Buyer be ware.  I seem to get caught on this rather frequently lately.  Can you tell from the photo above which one that was?

Rocky still has many puzzles for sale and is a lovely gent to do business with.  Go check out his page: https://brasspuzzlesbyrocky.com. You won't regret viewing it.  And if you want the book, it's available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment