Notes from Puzzle Palace

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Special post for VMPP #5

 While I have your virtual attention, I'd love a bit of help.  I have a number of puzzle boxes that either George or I bought over the years and I don't know who made them, where they came from, how old they are....

If you can identify any of the following puzzles, I would be eternally grateful.  No major prizes to be given other than your name here at some point in the future acknowledging your superior puzzling intellect.  I expect that Nick will know these off hand and no one else need reply but I'm sure even he is fallible. 



George and I have decided that once the museum is up and running and the database is underway, I will be posting a puzzle or two each week that we have no information on.  I've said it before, but all help is greatly appreciated.  


8 comments:

  1. your best friend is google :)
    karakuri website for example

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a PM on the Mechanical Puzzles Discord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lowest puzzle, with two diamonds and thin trim, is Jack In The Box by Jack Krijnen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Box with the diamonds is Fortune cards by Miyamoto.

      Delete
    2. I can't attach a screenshot. Second photo,very bottom, to the right of the one with triangles on its face.

      http://allardspuzzlingtimes.blogspot.com/2018/10/jack-in-box.html?m=1

      Delete
  4. Oh, and the highest puzzle in the first picture, that looks like an outhouse, is Outhouse Box by Izumiya-Goto-san, apparently from 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was commissioned by James Youngblood as a 2002 Christmas present for customers of Acme & Sons Sanitation. It is a 9 move puzzle box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had great help from everyone with this. Thank you all! I'll be posting more of these in the future.

    ReplyDelete