Notes from Puzzle Palace

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A few puzzling guests and a rather large addition to the Museum

 Pardon me for week's hiatus.  I had a rather important set of Scuba lessons to take.  You see, this is my birthday gift to George.  I had to drop everything and take advantage of calm seas while I could.

This week we've had two visitors.  First Chris came down last Sunday to make us a lovely spaghetti lunch.  He's still in Ft. Lauderdale so we were thrilled to see him again.  He was being a bit evasive about something and went up to the metal room. I was busy packing for our upcoming trip so I just let him wander the house and puzzle.  After a bit of time, I smelt something funny and went in search of the odor.  He was in the Mirror Room polishing brass!  What a guy!  He polished up a Charles O'Perry and did an amazing job of it. Sadly, after his lunch, he got called into work and had to leave early.  The photo doesn't really do the piece justice. 


Our next guest is Tanner again.  He came to help George assemble some of the 3D printers.  He was so helpful assembling the SLS printer that we invited him back.  Of course he had to do a bit of puzzling as well.  His real reason for coming though was to bring us an addition to the Museum. You see, he had a monolith he wanted to part with and we had a room that needed one.  So after 3 days of driving, it arrived in Boca Raton.  That thing is massive and heavy!  I started to play and managed to find the first couple of moves, but George shooed me away and told me to play later.  


This week has been very good to us.  I won a box of junk on Puzzleparadise and it came in this week.  What a great win!  I absolutely love it.  You can see a video of it here. A prototype, a new puzzle, and a symmetry puzzle.  How wonderful!

George very kindly mounted a Berrocal that I purchased. This one was made in 2000 and is covered in 925 silver.  It's only the second piece of art on the walls of Puzzle Palace.



As for the museum, we are still waiting for Tevin and Morgan to move in.  We have ordered the glass tops for all of the tables we assembled, but are still waiting on those as well.  I've ordered another 200 glass shelves to be delivered on the 21st.  This will hopefully be the last set.  The remainder of the shadow boxes have arrived and will be installed sometime in the not so distant future.  For now, I spend my time packing for our upcoming world cruise.  

Now, if anyone has a cista chest....


1 comment:

  1. That Charles O'Perry puzzle is so nice. The Museum of Modern Art in NY used to sell it in the gift shop.

    Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete