Notes from Puzzle Palace

Friday, June 1, 2012

Lenticular magnetic butterflies.

My puzzle for today is made by ceaco.  It's called a magna puzzle and there are many many different versions of the things.  I have shells, swirls, dinosaurs, you name it, I think they have made it.


This is one of those standard 12 piece matching tile puzzles with a slight twist.  The pieces are lenticular.  So what does that mean?  It means you have a very hard time seeing the bloody butterflies! Those things go flying off in all different directions depending on which way the tile is flipped.

Overall, it's a very easy puzzle.  A great one for the kids to play with.  I would say get one, but I'll warn you about the negatives as well.  If you suffer from motion sickness-forget this puzzle.  If you have old eyes-forget this puzzle.  If you've had a glass of wine-well you get the idea.  Although it is a fantastic fun easy one to do, the flicking and moving of those butterflies is really a headache.

I think it took 2 short breaks at most to solve.  It is one that is consistent in that aspect.  If you are a sucker for comic video....

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of those with optical illusions. I agree, they don't present very much of a challenge, but they do look great. I think collectors like puzzles also for their looks, not just challenge :D

    ReplyDelete