Notes from Puzzle Palace

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Second day of Advent

 First thing this morning I woke up early and was eager to get into the advent calendars.  George though had other ideas.  He wanted to watch his morning videos of the Tesla Giga Factory build.  This left me alone to peruse the web.  The first thing I did was to back a new kickstarter.  Blackbeard's Journal is brought to you by the same folks who made Leonardo's lost notes.  If you enjoyed that one, think about backing this one.  As I was looking at the page, I came across this little gem.  George has a dream and this will help fulfill it.  So on this second day of Advent he gets an extra gift-in the future.  

And now on to the real Advent gifts.  

Today I got another jigsaw. This time it is a plate full of cookies. Yummy!

George's cube puzzle is a clear 1x3x3 puzzle today.  I am impressed by the tiles.  He says the turning is nice, but I can feel the springs inside.  We shall add it to the pile.  

The crossword was fun again.  Today it took us much longer to solve than yesterdays.  This one is rated as a number 2 out of 3 in difficulty.  Tomorrow will be harder.  


And the Puzzle Advent Tree© produced a beautiful mahogony cryptex.  I ordered this one in June on Kickstarter and hoped it would arrive on time.  The password is a 5 letter word and my LOVER, even given the clues of Beardly and George couldn't work it out.  I told my LOVER to keep trying and he would eventually get it.  Fast forward 20 minutes and my LOVER worked out that if he got the first letter into place he could pull a bit and he could see he was correct.  He hit upon the L, then the O, then the V...and I called out to my LOVER one more time.  EUREKA! He managed to open it.  I have to say, I'm quite pleased with this gift.  It stumped him long enough to be entertaining without being difficult and it tickled me to see that a word he hears many times each day threw him off.  




Until tomorrow, Happy Puzzling.


No comments:

Post a Comment