Notes from Puzzle Palace

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The Eighth Day of Advent

 Started wonderfully.  This will be the last day that we are able to wake up in the museum for quite a long time.  We decided to stay last night for the final time before Tevin and Morgan move in.  You see, today we have a film maker coming to make a documentary about Puzzle Palace and our eccentricity. It turns out that over thanksgiving dinner the father of the videographer showed them his recent puzzle purchases.  She looked on the web to see if anyone else liked puzzles as much as he did and our video for G4G showed up on her search.  Apparently it took some doing, but she was finally able to contact our daughter who then gave over our email addresses and the rest is history.  

Anyway, this is the final wake up to this beautiful sight.  I think the People Puzzle by George Hart really adds a lot to the view.  George and Oskar did a wonderful "assembly" video of the puzzle.  


Today I got to put together a few reindeer...
George got a fun twisty...This sucker is slick and moves faster than expected.  Be careful!

And his Puzzle Advent Tree©? A beauty by Tom Lensch.  Penta in a box.  This was a hoot.  He showed it to me for a photo and I opened the box.  Then we couldn't close it.  After he struggled for about 10 minutes, cursed me out a few times and finally just tossed in the towel, I did the OBVIOUS...I shan't give it away because you may still be able to find this beauty.

And yes, I know we didn't do the crossword today.  Expect a windfall when we find the time.  This morning George played golf, I had cards in the afternoon, and then Jenny and Brian showed up to do the filming...

Soooo.....Until tomorrow, Happy Puzzling!






No comments:

Post a Comment