Notes from Puzzle Palace

Saturday, December 11, 2021

The Eleventh Day of Advent

 Today we are still a bit behind.  Have no fear, I will post an update of the missing bits when we get back to normal.  This morning the filming continued for the last time and we saw our guests on their way.  After that we had a zoom Midlands meeting and that was the day mostly gone.  

We didn't get to our morning crossword, but I did manage to do the jigsaw and George opened day 11 of the twisty calendar and the Puzzle Advent Tree©.


Ok.  I'll admit it, today's jigsaw got me.  Maybe it was just because I was hungry but boy did I have a devil of a time with it.  


George got a holey 2x2x2, and an orange.  This was a real turn of events, he liked the twisty puzzle and hated the Orange.  In fairness, It was very difficult for him to take apart.  This is another Oskar soma puzzle. This time it has little yellow 'seeds' inside to up the challenge. He grumbled and complained the entire time he was playing with it.  It was very difficult to separate and in the end he had to resort to (GASP!) tools!  George is pretty certain that he is the only one in the world who has ever disassembled it.  I wonder if anyone else who has one has had the same difficulty.



Until tomorrow, Happy Puzzling!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, just once I had to use a tool, a slim letter opener to pry apart my wooden Level 7 Sticky Ends puzzle by Rombol. I’ll post a pic of it on Mechanical Puzzle Community.

    ReplyDelete