Notes from Puzzle Palace

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

First day of Advent

 This year we had 5 advent calendars in the house.  It's only fair that I get to have some fun too this year.  Yes, the tree is messy. Katherine and George both have their daily boxes inside.

The first is one I got from my daughter.  It holds 24 Christmas related jigsaw puzzles.  Today I had an 80 piece one.  It was fun to put together, I think it took around 10 minutes.  This will be a nice diversion each morning.  

The next is a crossword a day. George and I do the New York Times Mini-Crossword each day and compete with each other to see who can get done the quickest.  This time around, we are doing the crossword together.  It is much more enjoyable for him this way because over the last 4 years, he's only beaten me 4 times.  :) 


The third calendar is the Mastercubestore calendar.  Today George got a 2x2x2.  I'm trying to get him excited about twisty puzzles and I thought this would be a great way to do it.  


The best of course is the Puzzle Advent Tree©.  This year George's first gift was a nice one from Stephan Baumegger. Top Knob has 7 pieces. It is a 44.22.9.  The first thing George did?  He told me he will put it into burr tools just as soon as he takes it apart.  We shall see.  Right now, it sits half disassembled on the Hanayama table.  Perhaps tomorrow he will work some more on it.  


Until tomorrow.  Happy Puzzling!






No comments:

Post a Comment